If you are anything like me, Facebook has become a regular part of your life. And, aside from posting pictures and updates about my family, one of my favorite things to do is show off my vacation snapshots. In fact, over the past few months, you have seen some of these photos on this very blog.
However I also like to look at the photographs that my friends post from their own travels. Not only are some of these truly amazing from an artistic standpoint, but they also serve as great inspiration for my forever growing travel “bucket list”.
It is with this philosophy in mind, that Fly.com is proud to launch its first official photograph competition on Facebook. Thanks to the generous involvement of our co-sponsor, Vayama (a leading online travel agency, focused solely on international travel), you now have an opportunity to show off your favorite photos, as well as potentially provide a little visual travel inspiration to our fans. But best of all, the winners will receive up to $2,500 in prizes for their next vacation.
How to Enter
- Go to the Fly.com Facebook page and click on the competition tab.
- “Like” Fly.com and read the official rules of the competition.
- Upload your photos to one of four categories: Aerial/Airport, Action, Scenic (landscape and cityscape), and Artistic Travel. (Note there is a limit of four entries per person, per e-mail address, for the duration of the contest).
- Check back on our Facebook page to see if your photo has been selected as a finalist. Fans will be voting on the top three entries for each category from February 11 – February 28.
- The winners will be announced on March 4.
- Grand Prize: $1,000 Visa gift card, a $1,000 airfare voucher from our co-sponsor Vayama, and a Canon Powershot S110 camera.
- Runners-Up (3): $1,000 Visa gift card and a $500 airfare voucher from Vayama.
Some Photo Inspiration
Category: Artistic Travel
Happy uploading and good luck!