It seems like only yesterday since we launched the Fly.com blog in North America – although in actuality it was on February 26th of last year. But boy was 2012 a memorable year for our little blog. Over the last ten months we have grown our readership to over 20,000 unique visits per month, thanks to some great content from the Fly.com team as well as some amazing guest articles.
Moving forward we want to keep up this momentum by continuing to share our travel tips, destination information, travel news and the all-important travel deals that we find and publish through Fly.com and our parent company, Travelzoo.
But, to keep us honest and ensure that we remain on the right track, we would love to hear from you. Tell us what you like, what you want to see more of, and what you think our blog is missing. And be sure to comment on any articles that you like.
Until then, here is an overview of some of our blog’s successes during 2012.
- We published 64 Top Flight Deals; giving countless readers the opportunity to capitalize on unique, low cost airfares to destinations all around the world. Some fares made history. Some fares were picked-up by the media, and many Fly.com fans got to experience a trip of a lifetime.
- We published 33 Destination Profiles, featuring destinations from 8 different worldwide regions. Europe (12 articles) narrowly beat out North America (11 articles) in terms of volume. But, with the help of Fly.com guest contributors, we were also able to feature destinations in the Caribbean, Asia, Africa, South America, Central America and Oceania. Three of our most popular destination profiles were of Puerto Vallarta, Bruges, and San Francisco.
- We published 29 articles focused on providing unique and useful travel tips, ranging from domestic baggage fees, to how to travel with pets, to travel etiquette suggestions.
- We announced 3 Fly.com competitions – the most recent of which is a photo contest (with a $2,500 first place prize and three $1,500 runner-up prizes) that is still running! So hurry up and submit your favorite vacation snapshots before January 31st.
- We welcomed freelance journalists as ongoing guest contributors (thanks David Wishart, Navjot Singh, Sasha Arms, and Andy Mossack)!
- We tapped into the knowledge-base of numerous, specialized, travel industry experts.
Cheers to an adventurous 2013. Happy Travels!
Featured Image: Airplane Flying into Sunset (Shutterstock.com)