Many Americans treat Labor Day as one last hurrah to get away and seek out the sun before the fall. But when is the best time to book?
Well, here at Fly.com, we have crunched the numbers and not surprisingly found that the earlier you book the better. More importantly, based on last year’s data, we have discovered that a failure to book Labor Day flights before Aug. 9 could cost you a pretty penny – as much as $170 or more. We found that fares to popular Labor Day destinations experienced a dramatic price increase three weeks before the Labor Day weekend (Aug. 9-16).
If history repeats itself, this means that those travelers still looking to purchase flights to destinations like Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Las Vegas, and San Juan (Puerto Rico) could be running out of time to score lower fares.
But what if you are not sure about where to travel to this Labor Day?
Don’t worry; we have your back. Here is a rundown of some of the best airfares that we have found in recent days. All fares roundtrip, including taxes.
- Dallas-New Orleans … $87
- Denver-Las Vegas … $131
- Baltimore-Myrtle Beach … $135
- San Francisco-Palm Springs … $163
- Atlanta-Denver … $197
- Boston-Chicago … $199
- Chicago-Orlando … $205
- Minneapolis-Los Angeles … $215
- New York City-New Orleans … $238
For a complete list of today’s best Labor Day fares, visit Fly.com/LaborDay.
Here are a few ways to stay connected with us:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).
Featured Image: Bourbon Street (Shutterstock.com)