UPDATE [Aug. 15, 2014, 11:05 a.m. EST]: These fares are sold out. Roundtrip fares to Norway are now $732 & up.
The deal experts at Fly.com have found that fares from Houston to Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger have dropped to just $619 roundtrip. Experience the natural beauty and fjords of Norway this fall with these amazing fares to Norway that can save you as much as $800 off the typical roundtrip fare.
Fly.com Fare Calendar:
- $619 — Houston to Bergen (Roundtrip, w/Tax)
- $619 — Houston to Oslo (Roundtrip, w/Tax)
- $619 — Houston to Stavanger (Roundtrip, w/Tax)
- Save anywhere between $250-$800 off roundtrip flights for the same time period.
- Travel through October 25, 2014.
You can easily visit all three cities using the very effective Norwegian rail and bus system if you’re not in a rush. Taking a train from Oslo to Stavanger will take you along the scenic southern coast of Norway and take about eight hours. If you book in advance, one-way tickets start at around USD$40.
From Stavanger to Bergen, you can take a 4.5 hour bus ride for USD$72 one-way through Kystbussen. It’ll include a car ferry ride and go over islands and along the coast.
Going from Bergen back to Oslo by train is about seven hours, and this train trip is often considered one of the world’s best train trips and is Northern Europe’s highest railway. If time is not an issue, this train ride is worth it as you go through beautiful mountain passes and “over the roof of Norway.” Tickets also at around USD$40 one-way. Train tickets from/to Oslo are available through Norwegian State Railways’ website.
Here are a few ways to stay connected with us:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).
Featured Image: Bergen, Norway (Shutterstock.com)