This week is dominated by the major domestic sale from AirTran that we told you about yesterday. However, there are also plenty of other top flight deals worth mentioning, including some discounted fares to Hawaii. Also, other carriers have dropped their fares overnight in reaction to the nationwide sale. The competitive nature of the industry in this case has led to some great fares for travelers across the United States today.
Cheap Flights to Hawaii
Summer flights to the islands of Hawaii from the West Coast are insanely expensive. Put off surfing until the fall when fares are nearly half the price:
- $384 — Oakland to Honolulu (R/T incl. Tax)
- $384 — San Diego to Honolulu (R/T incl. Tax)
- $394 — Portland to Honolulu (R/T incl. Tax)
- $476-$480 — Seattle to Maui (R/T incl. Tax)
AirTran Sale – A Closer Look
Though we already explored these fares pretty extensively on the blog yesterday, I did want to point out that there are a ton of hot Florida fares for fall travel:
- $98 — Tampa to Key West Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – Usually the sale price on this route is $139.
- $198 — Buffalo to Orlando Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – It’s usually more than this to fly to Orlando from NYC! Some context: Buffalo is a 7-hour drive northwest of NYC.
- $198 — Chicago to Orlando Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – This route normally costs around $250.
- $198 — Columbus to Fort Myers Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – This saves around $50 on regular pricing.
- $198 — Indianapolis to Tampa Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – Travelers can normally expect to pay at least $240 on this route.
- $198 — Milwaukee to Tampa Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – Like Chicago to Orlando, this route usually costs at least $250.
For more great fares from this sale, visit our detailed blog post from yesterday. Just a reminder- this sale ends Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Pacific, so book ASAP.
Other Domestic Deals
As I mentioned earlier, other major carriers dropped prices to stay competitive with the massive sale AirTran put out yesterday. Though these fares are not advertised by the airlines, we do expect prices to jump back up once the AirTran sale ends tomorrow night. With that in mind, we advise you to book these today to avoid the price increase we are forecasting:
- $118 — Houston to New Orleans Nonstop (R/T incl. tax)
- $128 — Denver to Las Vegas Nonstop (R/T incl. tax)
- $138 — Chicago to Denver Nonstop (R/T incl. tax)
- $168 — Ft. Lauderdale to Boston (R/T incl. tax)
- $228 — Detroit to Las Vegas Nonstop (R/T incl. tax)
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction, so make sure to search.
Keep up with Fly.com
Here are a few ways to stay updated on our top flight deals:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).