The symbolic end of summer hits this weekend. After Labor Day, the country will cool down, leading many travelers to seek warmer weather. What better place than South Florida to hold onto those last strands of summer just a few weeks longer?
Cheap Flights to South Florida
If my late 90s Will Smith reference is not enough for you, how about great temperatures year-round, exciting nightlife and pristine beaches? With major carriers seeing load factors decreasing in September (post-Labor Day), prices have plummeted for fall travel.
Availability varies by route, but most are available September – December. The best pricing in most cases is in mid-September.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel to Fort Lauderdale (Roundtrip, including taxes):
- $72-$90 — Washington, D.C.
- $72-$108 — Atlanta
- $88-$128 — Dallas
- $88-$148 — Chicago
- $88-$148 — Detroit
- $148-$208 — Los Angeles
- More Cities >>
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel to Miami (Roundtrip, including taxes):
Other Airfare Deals
Our experts uncovered a ton of solid deals this week outside of travel to South Florida. Here is a compilation of our favorites to destinations in the United States and around the world.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below for more information about these flights:
- $71 — Houston to Las Vegas (R/T incl. Tax) – Nearly 70% off the regular price for this route thanks to a new airline launching in the always-competitive Houston market.
- $188 — Washington, D.C. to Puerto Rico (R/T incl. Tax) – We’re always shocked to see east coast to Puerto Rico for under $200!
- $670 — San Francisco to Shanghai (R/T incl. Tax) – Asia for under $800 from the west coast is always a great value.
- $289 — Boston to Bermuda (R/T incl. Tax) – Bermuda can be quite pricey, this is almost $100 off the normal cost.
- $283 — New York City to Costa Rica (R/T incl. Tax) – Regularly $400+, this will sell out quickly.
- $526 — Atlanta to Paris (R/T incl. Tax) – This cuts $300 off the regular price on this route!
- $72-$88 — Portland to Las Vegas (R/T incl. Tax) – About 50% off the normal cost of this flight.
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction, so be sure to search.
Stay in the Know
Here are a few ways to stay connected to the latest flight deals from Fly.com:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).