With the help of Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and the Rolling Stones, people all over country are in a New York State of Mind after last week’s epic 12/12/12 concert. Plan a trip to the Big Apple in 2013 with these great deals found by our experts this week.
Cheap Flights to New York City
Once the holiday season comes to a close, crowds leave New York City for warmer weather. This is a great time to visit, however, as flights and hotels can be quite inexpensive relative to just a few weeks earlier. Spend what you saved at one the city’s finest restaurants. For inspiration check out the 2013 Michelin Stars, which were just announced this month.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel to NYC from (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $98 — Washington, D.C.
- $138 — Chicago
- $148 — Ft. Lauderdale
- $168 — Detroit
- $206-$219 — San Jose
- $218 — Seattle
- Cheap flights to New York City from other cities
Other Flight Deals
Here are some other options outside of the northeast or even outside of the United States. Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel:
- $178 — Portland to Chicago Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $179 — Boston to Orlando Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $184 — Denver to New Orleans Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $669 — Los Angeles to Shanghai Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $599 — Houston to Istanbul Nonstop in Spring (R/T incl. Tax)
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction as well, so be sure to search.
Here are a few ways to stay in the know:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).
There is still time win that grand prize worth $2,500 in our photo contest!