Nothing tops Hawaii for the absolute perfect winter escape, especially with prices this low. If I had to sum up 2012 in airfare, I’d likely say that Hawaii saw the most consistent drop in pricing across the board. With flights from the East Coast well below $600, it is an ideal time to visit Hawaii before prices rise again in the new year. If you are more of a city slicker, top destinations in Europe are also inexpensive.
Cheap Flights to Hawaii
Though pricier in most cases than your typical domestic beach getaway, Hawaii offers a unique climate and landscape. It’s a long journey, but it’s worth seeing some of the most spectacular beaches on earth.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel to Honolulu from (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $297 — Oakland
- $298 — Phoenix
- $376 — Los Angeles
- $401-$416 — Seattle
- $414-$424 — New York City
- $514-$562 — Boston
- $532 — Washington, D.C.
- $586 — Chicago
- $610 — Atlanta
- $662 — Detroit
- Cheap flights to Hawaii from other cities
Europe Flight Deals
If you’ve had enough rest and relaxation over the holidays, book a trip to see the historical sights and modern culture of top cities throughout Europe. Below are some of our favorites, but be warned, there are tons of other cites on sale.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel:
- $497 — New York City to Berlin Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax) – Flights to Germany can often be some of the most expensive in Central Europe, this sale from airberlin cuts more than $300 off the normal cost.
- $524 — Washington, D.C. to Istanbul Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax) - Normally costs over $700.
- $605-$671 — Los Angeles to Moscow (R/T incl. Tax) -
Rarely see Europe from the West Coast for under $900!
- $702 — Houston to Dusseldorf (R/T incl. Tax) – Easily $200 less than the usual price of flights to Dusseldorf (I highly recommend it, having just traveled there myself).
Many other cities are on sale, just search Fly.com to find the best prices. Fares are especially competitive from New York City and Los Angeles, but other major airports will also see similar discounts.
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction as well, so be sure to search.
Here are a few ways to stay in the know:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).
Don’t forget to submit your vacation photos for a chance to win up to $2,500 in prizes in our photo contest.
Featured Image: Hanauma Bay, Oahu, Hawaii (Shutterstock.com)