Qualifying is over and the Olympics are just a few short weeks away. Most industry experts, including myself, had little hope for affordable last-minute airfare to London; however, we have discovered some great value in business class flights and roundtrip economy seats for under $1,000. If that’s too pricey, browse the rest our top flight deals including New York City and other domestic deals.
Flights to London for the Olympics
Though not quite as stellar as the Jubilee sale from British Airways we published in mid-May, these business class fares are only a few hundred dollars more than economy seats in some cases. This is a great value for eager travelers still trying to book airfare to the Olympics in London.
This deal is available Monday-Thursday, July 16 – Sept. 2, including peak travel dates during the summer Olympics. Just go to Fly.com and search for your desired travel dates to find these discounted fares. Weekend flights are priced slightly higher.
Business class flights to London- $2,008 roundtrip including taxes, from:
- New York City
- San Francisco
Book today — these fares are part of a sale that ends tonight at midnight.
Economy Fares for under $1,000
For a less expensive option, select U.S. cities to London are available in economy class for under $1,000 roundtrip.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel:
These fares are not part of an advertised airline sale, but will likely go up as the starts of the Olympics approaches.
Cheap Flights to New York City
Let’s head across the pond to New York City, where we discovered some great bargains for this summer and into fall. These deals are up to $150 off regular prices and offer the perfect opportunity to catch a game at Yankee Stadium (pictured above):
- $118 — Chicago to New York City Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $128 — Detroit to New York City Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $130 — Pittsburgh to New York City Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $138-$168 — Fort Lauderdale to New York City Nonstop (R/T incl. Tax)
- $237 — Houston to New York City (R/T incl. Tax)
- $281-$295 — Seattle to New York City (R/T incl. Tax)
- For fares from 30+ other origin cities, visit our cheap flights to New York City page
More Domestic Flight Deals
Here are some other great flight deals found by our experts this week:
- $128-$138 — Chicago to Orlando Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – Usually flights are around $250 on this popular route.
- $138-$148 — Washington, D.C. to Ft. Lauderdale Nonstop (R/T incl. tax) – Short flight, but due to competition among carriers it can often cost nearly $200.
- $118-$163 — Dallas to Las Vegas (R/T incl. tax) – Shocked to see this below $200, much less under $150 on some dates.
- $186-$199 — Denver to Seattle (R/T incl. tax) – This saves at least $50 on regular pricing for this route.
- $316 — Los Angeles to Puerto Rico (R/T incl. tax) – Fares are actually even less than $316, but require two stops, so we are endorsing the one-stop pricing. This easily saves $150 on the typical price.
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction, so make sure to search.
Here are a few ways to stay in the know:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).