Millions of visitors are drawn to Las Vegas each year because of the entertainment options the city offers. However, there are lots of attractions near Las Vegas that make for a great day trip. For example, Lake Mead National Recreation Area is about 35 miles southeast of Las Vegas, and offers a respite from all the lights and sounds of the city with 550 miles of shoreline. Visitors can enjoy a variety of water activities such as sport fishing, kayaking, canoeing and water skiing. A little further on is the engineering marvel that is Hoover Dam. Here visitors can drive over the dam and take a guided tour of the dam. Going 25 miles west of Vegas will land you in Red Rock Canyon, where you can go camping, hike one of the 19 trails, go rock climbing, and drive or bike on the 13-mile scenic route. 55 miles north is the Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada’s oldest and largest state park, where there are more camping and hiking options, plus areas of petrified wood and 3,000 year-old Indian petroglyphs. And if you have an unexpected desire to see snow while in Las Vegas, 35 miles in the northwest direction are Mount Charleston and the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, where winter activities such as skiing, sledding and snowmobiling, or a good, old fashion snowball fight, can be had.
With these great fares our experts have uncovered, go ahead and start planning your next vacation to the Entertainment Capital of the World, where great outdoor activities are just a short drive away.
Cheap Flights to Las Vegas
Some of these fares are part of airline sales that end on Thursday (Aug. 1) at midnight EST.
Availability varies by route, with many of them being nonstop flights. Click on the Fly.com Fare Calendar links below to find the best dates to travel to Las Vegas from September to December, unless otherwise noted (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $100 — Los Angeles
- $124 — Denver
- $148-$168 — Minneapolis
- $172 — Salt Lake City
- $192-$198 — Portland, Ore.
- $198 — Philadelphia
- $206-$246 — Baltimore
- $228-$268 – Fort Lauderdale Sept.-Nov.
- More cheap flights to Las Vegas
For hotel suggestions in Las Vegas, check out Fly.com/hotels for savings of up to 25% off.
Other Flight Deals
If you prefer not to spend your vacation in a desert, here are a few of our favorite fares we have found to destinations around the world.
Click on the Fly.com Fare Calendar links below to find the best dates to travel August to November, unless otherwise noted (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $198-$258 — Atlanta to Denver Sept.-Dec. 17
- $210-$225 — Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale Aug.-Oct.
- $216 — St. Louis to New York City
- $272-$295 — San Francisco to Vancouver
- $361-$365 — Boston to Nassau, Bahamas Sept.-Dec. 17
- $364-$374 — Miami to Guayaquil, Ecuador Sept.-Nov.
- $391 — Detroit to San Jose, Costa Rica
- $756-$788 — Chicago to Beijing, China Sept.-Nov.
Fly.com News and Updates
For the latest information:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).