This week AirTran and Southwest are having a limited time sale from their hubs to practically every city they fly to in the U.S., starting as low as $47 each way ($94 roundtrip, including taxes). And this sale is the real deal, unlike many of the so-called-sales both airlines tend to offer on what seems like a monthly basis. And the best part: all other airlines are matching, or undercutting AirTran and Southwest’s sale by $10 to $30. Destinations include Boston, Chicago, Denver Los Angeles, New Orleans, Orlando, Reno, and much more.
These fares represent savings of up to $200 off typical roundtrip prices, and most are available to be purchased as a one-way fare.
Cheap Fall/Winter Flights
The AirTran and Southwest sale ends Thursday at 11:59 p.m. PT, but if you see a fare you like, don’t wait or it might be sold out for your preferred dates!
Availability varies by route, with many of them being nonstop flights. Click on the Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel from September to December (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $94 — Chicago to Memphis
- $98 — Atlanta to Orlando
- $98 — Baltimore to Boston
- $98 — Detroit to Baltimore
- $98 — Los Angeles to Reno
- $98 — Portland to Sacramento
- $98 — Salt Lake City to Denver
- $98 — San Francisco to Los Angeles
- $197 — Houston to Phoenix
- $198 — Austin to Los Angeles
- $198 — Philadelphia to Chicago
- $198 — Miami to New Orleans
- $198 — Denver to Seattle
- $198 — Cleveland to Orlando
- $198 — Chicago to Austin
- $258 — St. Louis to Los Angeles
- $258 — Los Angeles to New Orleans
- $258 — Detroit to Phoenix
- $258 — Chicago to Las Vegas
Don’t see your hometown? Click here to browse Today’s Best Fares from your city.
Fly.com News and Updates
For the latest information:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).