In many parts of the United States, school started yesterday or today, signaling the end of summer and a great time to start thinking about vacationing over upcoming school breaks. An annual lull in bookings for airlines began over Labor Day weekend, making this week chock-full of incredible price drops and sales from top carriers. If you are looking to book a trip over Thanksgiving, today might be your best option.
Incredible Coast to Coast Fares
Fan favorite, Virgin America, launched a great one-day sale on Tuesday, and then decided to extend it until midnight tonight. Other carriers, including Delta and United have swooped in to beat or match Virgin America on many of these popular routes. The cross-country fares are some of the best we’ve seen in over a year and will be gone by midnight, so book ASAP.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel September – November:
- $238 — New York City to San Francisco (R/T incl. Tax)
- $248 — Boston to Los Angeles (R/T incl. Tax)
- $248 — Los Angeles to Orlando (R/T incl. Tax)
- $248 — Philadelphia to Los Angeles (R/T incl. Tax)
- $248 — San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale (R/T incl. Tax)
- $268 — Washington, D.C. to San Francisco (R/T incl. Tax)
All fares are available in the opposite direction, so be sure to search. Other routes to/from the cities listed above are on sale as well, so search on Fly to find the deal that best suits you. Remember, these deals expire at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!
Other Cheap Domestic Flights
With all the jockeying for best pricing position between major carriers, tons of other routes were discounted alongside the fare sale mentioned above. We expect these deals to disappear at midnight tonight as well, although they are unadvertised, so we can’t say for sure.
Click on the Low Fare Calendar Links below for more information about these deals:
- $192-$220 — Denver to Orlando (R/T incl. Tax) – This popular route normally costs $300.
- $199 — Minneapolis to Washington, D.C. (R/T incl. Tax) – Regular roundtrip pricing is typically around $250.
- $538-$558 — New York City to Honolulu, Hawaii (R/T incl. Tax) – Flying to Hawaii from the east coast normally is about $750, so book now to save $200+.
- $322 — Seattle to Maui, Hawaii (R/T incl. Tax) - Over $100 less than the cost of this flight just last week!
Note: All of the above deals are available in the opposite direction, so be sure to search.
Updates on the Best Fare Deals
Here are a few ways to stay connected to the latest flight deals from Fly.com:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Low Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).