When people think of Las Vegas, they usually think of gambling, shows, endless buffets, and partying all night. What many might not know is that the Entertainment Capital of the World has several world records associated with it, including a new Guinness World Record for the longest continuous TV watching, set during the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show: 87 hours, beating the previous record by over 23 minutes. But that’s not the only world record that’s associated with Las Vegas.
Other world record claims include the largest golden nugget, Hand of Faith, on display at the Golden Nugget Hotel; the 17,000 square feet Tourneau Time Dome is the world’s largest watch store; Dale Chihuly’s Fiori di Como, with over 2,000 hand-blown glass flowers at the Bellagio is the world’s largest glass sculpture; the strongest beam of light in the world is the Luxor Sky Beam at 42.3 billion candelas (by comparison, a 100-watt light bulb emits approximately 120 candelas); and the list goes on and on. Of course, no Las Vegas related world record would be complete without a gambling related record: $39,713,982.25 – the total paid out by a slot machine at Excalibur to one very lucky individual back in 2003.
The great thing about these records is that you can actually see and experience them (and many more) in person with the great, low airfares to Las Vegas the Fly.com deal experts have found!
Cheap Flights to Las Vegas
The prices below represent a savings of up to $125 off typical roundtrip prices. These fares are not part of an airline sale and may disappear at any time, so book ASAP!
Availability varies by route, with many of them being nonstop flights. Click on the Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel to Las Vegas from January – March 11, unless noted otherwise (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $72 — Los Angeles
- $88 — Oakland
- $98-$118 — Portland (Jan. – April)
- $108-$118 — Minneapolis
- $128-$148 — Philadelphia (Jan. – April)
- $136-$153 — Phoenix (Jan. – April)
- $168 — Dallas
- $188 — Detroit (Jan. – Feb. 26)
- $228 — Boston (Jan. – April)
- More cheap flights to Las Vegas
Other Flight Deals
If you’ve scratched Las Vegas off your bucket list several times over already, we have great, low fares to other destinations around the country including New York City, Florida, California and more.
Availability varies by route, with many of them being nonstop flights. Click on the Fare Calendar Links below to find the best dates to travel January – April, unless noted otherwise (all prices roundtrip, including taxes):
- $82-$98 — Denver to Phoenix
- $98 — Baltimore to Boston
- $108-$128 — Detroit to New York City (Jan. 23 – March 11)
- $138 — Boston to Chicago (Jan. 22 – April 3)
- $138 — Phoenix to Los Angeles
- $138 — Washington, D.C. to Tampa (Jan. 21 – April 9)
- $153-$174 — Cleveland to New York City
- $178 — Milwaukee to New York City
- $187-$197 — Houston to Orlando
- $196 — New York City to New Orleans
- $208 — Austin to San Francisco (Jan. 22 – April 11)
- $378 — Portland, Ore., to Honolulu
- More cheap flights from your city
Note: Most of the above deals are available in the opposite direction as well, so be sure to search.
For hotel suggestions, deals or offers, check out Fly.com/hotels.
Fly.com News and Updates
For the latest information:
- Subscribe to the Travelzoo Top 20
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Fly_com)
- Subscribe to the Fly.com blog
- Fare Calendars – This tool shows the best deals from the nearest major airport and allows users to create a custom fare calendar for any route (scroll to the bottom for this functionality).