Best Flight Deals to Treat Your Mom for Mother’s Day
Best Flight Deals to Treat Your Mom for Mother’s Day
NEW YORK, May 1, 2013 – As children of all ages get ready to honor their mothers on May 12, Fly.com™ has compiled a list of some of the cheapest airfares around the country for travelers who want to visit mom or treat her to a weekend away.
The list is a direct response to a recent Fly.com survey of 884 mothers which found that 77% of moms would fly somewhere for Mother’s Day if given the opportunity. When asked where they would go, these moms showed a preference for Florida, California, Hawaii, and anywhere “warm.”
Kids planning to treat mom to a mini-vacation over the Mother’s Day weekend should also pack their own bags too. In the same survey, 68% of moms said that they would take their kids with them.
“The month of May can be a great time to get away to a warm destination, as there are often amazing airfare deals right before prices spike in the summer,” said Warren Chang, vice president and general manager, Fly.com. “Plus a quick getaway over Mother’s Day weekend is a wonderful way to show your appreciation to mom.”
Sample Roundtrip Fares to Florida over Mother’s Day Weekend:
- Baltimore - Fort Lauderdale ... $120
- Baltimore - Miami ... $182
- Boston - Miami ... $231
- Chicago - Orlando ... $188
- Denver - Fort Lauderdale ... $188
- Los Angeles - Fort Lauderdale ... $286
- Philadelphia - Fort Lauderdale ... $242
- Philadelphia - Orlando ... $242
- Pittsburgh - Tampa ... $234
- St. Louis - Orlando ... $266
Sample Roundtrip Fares to California over Mother’s Day Weekend:
- Austin - Los Angeles ... $230
- Boston - San Diego ... $235
- Chicago - Los Angeles ... $228
- Dallas - San Diego ... $248
- Denver - Los Angeles ... $195
- Milwaukee - San Diego ... $216
- Orange County - San Francisco ... $148
- Philadelphia - San Diego ... $246
- Portland - San Diego ... $156
- San Francisco - San Diego ... $138
Sample Roundtrip Fares to Hawaii over Mother’s Day Weekend:
- Los Angeles - Honolulu ... $400
- Los Angeles - Lihue ... $481
- New York City - Maui ... $550
- New York City - Honolulu ... $539
- Phoenix - Honolulu ... $411
- San Francisco - Maui ... $447
- Seattle - Honolulu ... $493
Sample Roundtrip Fares to Other Warm Destinations over Mother’s Day Weekend:
- Baltimore - Myrtle Beach ... $108
- Boston - Nassau, Bahamas ... $359
- Chicago - Myrtle Beach ... $158
- Chicago - Nassau, Bahamas ... $331
- Chicago - Montego Bay, Jamaica ... $362
- Dallas - Cancun, Mexico ... $305
- Houston - Cancun, Mexico ... $338
- New York City - Myrtle Beach ... $198
- New York City - Hamilton, Bermuda ... $281
- Philadelphia - Cancun, Mexico ... $361
To find the best fares for Mother’s Day travel, visit www.fly.com.
Note to Editors
All sample roundtrip fares were accurate as of April 30, 2013. However low-priced seats sell out quickly. To stay up-to-date on pricing, visit Fly.com’s Fare Calendars.
Fly.com™ (www.fly.com) is the world’s easiest-to-use airfare search engine available in the U.S., U.K., Canada and Germany. Fly.com scours major U.S. airlines, international carriers and online travel sites, and then helps people easily sort and refine results by criteria such as number of stops and departure times. Unlike online travel agencies, Fly.com is not a booking engine. Instead, users are referred to their preferred website for direct booking. Fly.com is owned by Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO).
Travelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With more than 26 million subscribers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 25 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies. Travelzoo's deal experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc.
Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions, markets in which we participate and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words “expect”, “predict”, “project”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “intend”, “plan”, “seek” and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including changes in our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions and other factors discussed in our filings with the SEC. We cannot guarantee any future levels of activity, performance or achievements. Travelzoo undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release. Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.