Fly.com is an innovative search engine that helps you find the best travel options. We provide information, but we do not handle any bookings. Once you find your desired trip on Fly.com, we take you away from our Web site and directly to the airline or online travel agency of your choice, where you can find more information or book your trip.
For help with a new or existing reservation, you must contact the airline or online travel agency with which you are booking your trip. Contact information for airlines and online travel agencies that frequently appear on Fly.com can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Fly.com?
2. How is Fly.com different than an online travel agency?
3. How does using Fly.com benefit me?
4. Where does Fly.com get its fare information?
5. Is searching on your Web site free?
6. What’s the best way to search using Fly.com?
7. I found the flight that I want.How do I book?
8. Why do I sometimes need to re-enter my search information on the airline’s Web site?
9. I selected premium economy, business, or first class result on Fly.com, but I was taken to a page on the airline’s Web site that displayed fares in economy. Why?
10. I need help with a new or existing reservation.Who should I contact?
11. What does the “beta” next to the Fly.com logo mean?
12. How can I submit feedback to Fly.com?
13. What’s on the horizon for Fly.com?