The Fly.com Website is made available by Travelzoo Inc.
- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Travelzoo Inc. and its family of related companies (collectively, "Travelzoo") and applies to your use of Travelzoo's online products and services including various e-mail newsletters published by Travelzoo, the Websites that link to this policy, and any related information services (collectively, the "Online Services").
- This Policy covers how Travelzoo treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Online Services.
- When we refer to "personal information," what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- Please understand that this Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Travelzoo does not own, control, employ, or manage.
- Minors - You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for Travelzoo's Online Services because Travelzoo is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you are under the age of 18, you can use Travelzoo only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
- Travelzoo may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our Websites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Online Services, when you visit the Websites of some Travelzoo partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with Travelzoo.
- Travelzoo may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you register or subscribe to our Online Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, mailing address (including country of residence), e-mail address, telephone number, Instant Messaging address, birth year, gender, preferred airport, occupation, and other personal interests. In addition, when you register or subscribe to our Online Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note that you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Online Services.
- Travelzoo may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Online Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Online Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Travelzoo cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the Web page(s) you visit.
|Sharing and Disclosing Information
- Travelzoo does not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Online Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below.
- Travelzoo may use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Online Services;
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Travelzoo, our employees, our subscribers, and our Online Services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Travelzoo's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Online Services and to improve our Online Services;
- To contact you with offers by Travelzoo and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Websites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our Websites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Travelzoo and our marketing partners. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share the data for any other purposes;
- When you enter a promotion sponsored or offered in connection with Travelzoo, we may contact you and share your personal information with third parties so that we may administer the promotion, for prize fulfillment, and as otherwise specified in the official rules for the promotion.
- In order to provide our users a seamless experience, some pages on our Websites may be hosted by unrelated third parties. For example, much of our Investor Relations section is powered by Shareholder.com. When you sign up for investor-related e-mail alerts, you are actually entering your information directly with Shareholder.com so that they can provide the requested service for you on our behalf. Service Providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose other than for fulfilling the service(s) you request.
|Cookies and Other Technologies
- Travelzoo may use Web beacons to access Travelzoo cookies in connection with our Online Services.
- A Web beacon is an electronic file stored in a Web page that allows us to count visitors to our Websites and to recognize users by accessing Travelzoo cookies which help us personalize your experience when you use our Online Services.
- Travelzoo also uses Web beacons to conduct research on behalf of our partners and for auditing purposes. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this research.
|Your Account Information and Preferences
- Travelzoo respects your right to control how your personal information is used. Travelzoo may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to edit your personal information, to unsubscribe from receiving Travelzoo services you previously requested, to alter expressed preferences or to terminate your account if you previously created one, please visit your User Profile.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Travelzoo Online Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Travelzoo account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further e-mail deliveries to you in approximately 30 days.
|Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- Travelzoo takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company's control against loss, misuse, or alteration.
- Travelzoo is TRUSTe-certified. This certification applies to all English-language Websites under the Travelzoo.com domain and to other Websites where so indicated. If you have any questions regarding Travelzoo's membership in TRUSTe, please contact the Travelzoo site coordinator at the address listed below. If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe at www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php.
Please note that the information Travelzoo collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country - currently on servers in the United States of America. If you are visiting our Websites from a country other than the United States or your home country, please note that the United States or other countries where we may be hosting servers may not have the same data protection laws as your country or jurisdiction. By providing your personal information to Travelzoo, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country - currently the United States.
- Travelzoo may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our Websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
- If we make any material changes in the way we treat personal information, we will notify you by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address in your Travelzoo account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
590 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Effective Date for any use of the Fly.com Website: February 2, 2009